This is what we ended up as for Halloween 2011. Julie and Megan were inspired by kitty ear headbands that Megan made at a birthday party. So we made some of our own and that was that.
Jill was a little more tricky. She of course wanted to be a princess but saw this gem hanging in the closet and wanted to wear it a few days before Halloween. So then she thought she wanted to be a frog. Then she saw her sisters kitty ears and wanted to be a kitty. Well this is where we ended up. I am glad we at least got one more use out of this costume. Plus she makes the cutest little frog I have ever seen. I like how her hands are folded in front so proper.
Now I have to admit Halloween is not my favorite holiday. I have to figure out my kids costumes and prepare myself for the possible back and forth of what they want to be. Then there is the constant begging for candy that they are convinced needs to be apart of all three meals and snacks in between. Then there is the night itself full of trick or treating (which is fun as long as it is good weather) with late bedtimes. In the morning I get to look forward to whiny kids who don't want to get up for school and are hung over from the sugar overload the night before.
But then I look at these pics and think I love Halloween. I love it because they love it.
I did however learn a clever trick from my neighbor. She does "The Switch Witch". You have the choice of leaving your candy to the switch witch (all of the candy) and in return, in the morning she would have switched your candy for a toy. I loved that idea and to avoid the months of candy meltdowns we decided to try it. Well I am not per say the most creative or cutesy person so I just told my kids if they handed all there candy over we would go to the store the next day and by them a toy. Worked like a charm :) Maybe I will work in the Switch Witch next year.


No comments:
Post a Comment