Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Thirty-something

A couple weeks ago we had a family party to celebrate all the birthdays for the month of June. The girls were extremely excited and had to be right on dad's lap as he opened gifts.

Then the following weekend was Dave's actual birthday. I won't mention how old he is....but he is old. At least that is what the girls think. I took Dave out on Friday for some dinner and to hit a few balls at the driving range.

I tried to get into it a little last year but then I got pregnant with Jill so that postponed things a bit. This is my first golf outing since having the wee little one.

Don't judge from the picture...i know, bad form. I actually think I didn't do too bad. My next goal is to get a little more familiar with the irons and try 9 holes.

The next day, I let Dave go golfing in the morning. The girls couldn't wait for him to get home. As soon as he walked through the door they sang Happy Birthday and gave him cards and presents. What to you get the love of your life for his birthday? Golf stuff...what else!

1 comment:

The Rocking Radmalls said...

Hey, I think it was Mike who said that once you hit 35, nobody tries to convince you you're still young! You're just.....old! But Dave is old in the best way, right? Aging like a fine wine or cut of steak, or cheese.... you pick! I really commend you on your golfing goals. I can't even make contact with the ball anymore! Happy B-day Dave! And by the way, Marianne, your hair looks so pretty like that!