Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Favorite Thing #4

Okay, so this is just a recent favorite recipe of mine. I was just introduced to it a couple weeks ago via this awesome cookbook my sister-in-law Marsha gave me. Imagine a cookbook full of recipes from Relief Society ladies. Why I have fallen in love with this recipe: few ingredients, cheese, just throw it together, bread, my family loves it, butter.

So the recipe calls for one slice of Swiss cheese on each chicken breast. I figure a few more couldn't hurt :)
Smother with a cream of chicken/milk mixture

Then comes the bread and melted butter


We got a little excited about eating it that we dug in before I was able to snap a shot of the finished product. Just try it, you won't be sorry. I am sorry to say I don't know how many grams of fat is in this but I figure it is better that I don't know.

Mom's Chicken
8 chicken breasts
Swiss cheese
2 cans cream of chicken
1/4 c. milk
1 pkg. stove top stuffing
1/3 c. melted butter
Lay chicken breasts in 9 x 13 baking dish. Put a slice of Swiss cheese on each chicken breast. Mix cream of chicken and milk in a bowl and pour over chicken. Sprinkle stuffing mix on top. Then pour melted butter over the stuffing mix. Bake at 350 for 50-55 mins.
*please note this recipe may not have been a mystery to you but I come from a non-cooking family and I am bedazzled by small and simple things.

No comments: