Favorite Thing #14 & 15
Julie is learning about the 7 continents at school and her teacher asked anyone who has lived somewhere else in the world to do a little presentation. I was excited because I got to teach Julie a little bit about Malaysia. Through this process, I got to reminisce and remember all the things I love about Malaysia. Here are just a couple to sample.
I love and horribly miss roti canai. Roti canai is a flatbread that can be dipped in curry. Now there are not too many Malaysian restaurants here but thankfully to my awesome sister she found some Malay food in Seattle called The Satay Hut. De vine! I really need to make it out there more often. For my sister of course, but the food doesn't hurt either.
This is another favorite of mine. This is a game called congkak. I played this a lot when i lived in Malaysia. I actually have one but I can never find anyone that wants to play with me. I am so excited because Julie is getting old enough to play and I just taught her how to play the other day. Anyone up for a game, come on over.
2 comments:
Do you still have the game? I totally forgot about it!!! I LOVED playing it.
Ok so I totally bought me some Lemi-Shine or whatever it's called. I agree - it's amazing. Thanks for the info.
I also got some Biz while I was shopping and thought I'd give it a whirl since you talked it up. I'm still deciding what I think about that one.
I love your list of faves. :)
Post a Comment